The report presents original data as well as food and drink trends across product, retail, experience and communication.
The Innovation Group, the innovation and futurism unit of J. Walter Thompson Intelligence, reveals the future of food and drink in its latest trend report. As the pace of innovation in food and drink accelerates—driven by digital media, advances in technology and a newly politicized awareness of food among consumers—the report offers a snapshot of today’s innovations and what they reveal about the food and drink consumers of the future.
Click here to purchase the full 93-page report, or see the executive summary here:
“Today’s food and drink consumers are more sophisticated than ever before,” said Lucie Greene, worldwide director of the innovation group. “Our research shows that both US and UK consumers are placing increasing importance on food and drink as an experiential luxury and reflection of their personal identity. We also found that millennials, despite their well-documented economic challenges, are demanding higher-quality food, visual stimulation, and technologically enhanced experiences.”
The 93-page report includes:
– A survey of 1,000 US and UK consumers from SONAR™, J. Walter Thompson’s research unit
– 10 pages of infographics revealing surprising shifts in consumer attitudes toward food and drink
– Analysis of the key factors driving shifting conceptions of food and drink
– 18 key trends in the food and drink sectors reflecting changing consumer mindsets
– Five in-depth case studies of innovators already responding to these shifts in dining and hospitality
Click here to purchase the full report.